1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for a Test Pilot for a NEW Version Ric Rest~!

Discussion in 'TalkBass Bazaar: Straps and Accessories' started by groucho, Nov 14, 2015.

1. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Helps if you are familiar with the Zero-Mod rest for 4001 4003 as a reference point.
    Have had requests for a version that sits lower down near the strings.
    This one uses the top pickup screw and the corner guard screw for support.
    So to install you need to loosen your strings and pull all the screws on the pick guard.
    Then - lift the guard , and hold the pickup while you back out the screw and drop it through
    the rest. Then put everything back! More to do than the versions I now offer
    but the best way to get a rest down against the neck pickup.

If you are interested I will send a pic to you so you can see what you would be getting into :D

2. Silver1

Silver1

Jul 19, 2013
    Moorhead, MN
    I've been very happy with version "1" on my 4003 Rick, but I definitely could see the advantage of being closer to the strings. I'd be happy to test it out.

groucho likes this.
  3. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Cool - PM me with an email and I will explain the process.

4. Silver1

Silver1

Jul 19, 2013
    Moorhead, MN
    svolla@gmail.com

5. groucho

groucho

Sep 28, 2005
    Ringwood NJ
    Looking for ANOTHER test pilot!

Seems the two I lined up wandered away/got busy whathaveyou...So anybody interested? PM me !