Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for a tuner like a sabine but better

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Aug 6, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have a ashdown abm500 head. it has the only tuned out in the front. it isnt rack mountable. i love sabine tuners. i just stick it on top of my head and run a cord into the head. i love the way sabines have the led for sharp and flat notes which makes tuning down 1/2 or whatever a breeze. my problem is ive bought around 10 of these tuners in the last 10 years. i get them and they seem to screw up quick. im looking for a good stage tuner that isnt rackmount and is like the sabine (easy sharp/flat tuning) but will last more than a year. any ideas???

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Boss TU-2. My favorite pedal....EVER. Quick, easy and accurate. And it's built like a tank so it shouldn't die anytime soon.

3. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i really want something that sits on top of my amp, not a pedal. i noticed fender just came out with one called a stage tuner.

4. Daddy_Steve

Daddy_Steve

Aug 24, 2005
    I've been using a Sabine for 4+ years with my Ampeg SVT3 Pro mounted in a rack box with no problems.

5. Yes. Peterson. Much more accurate than any other tuner I'm aware of.