1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

looking for a tuner like a sabine but better

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by 513rocks.com, Aug 6, 2005.

1. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i have a ashdown abm500 head. it has the only tuned out in the front. it isnt rack mountable. i love sabine tuners. i just stick it on top of my head and run a cord into the head. i love the way sabines have the led for sharp and flat notes which makes tuning down 1/2 or whatever a breeze. my problem is ive bought around 10 of these tuners in the last 10 years. i get them and they seem to screw up quick. im looking for a good stage tuner that isnt rackmount and is like the sabine (easy sharp/flat tuning) but will last more than a year. any ideas???

2. Justin V

Justin V

Dec 27, 2000
    Alameda, CA
    Boss TU-2. My favorite pedal....EVER. Quick, easy and accurate. And it's built like a tank so it shouldn't die anytime soon.

3. 513rocks.com

513rocks.com

Sep 22, 2004
    Mason, Ohio
    i really want something that sits on top of my amp, not a pedal. i noticed fender just came out with one called a stage tuner.

4. Daddy_Steve

Daddy_Steve

Aug 24, 2005
    I've been using a Sabine for 4+ years with my Ampeg SVT3 Pro mounted in a rack box with no problems.

5. ddnidd1

ddnidd1 Supporting Member

Yes. Peterson. Much more accurate than any other tuner I'm aware of.