Looking for a used Yamaha 5 string TRBX?

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Bunnoodle, Jan 19, 2018.

1. Bunnoodle

Bunnoodle

Nov 29, 2017
    Weird experience with Amazon. (I agree amazon is not a safe place to buy instruments)
    They listed a used TRBX 305 (a good deal) which i purchased ... a day before shipping they mysteriously cancelled the order. I got my money back though. Still on the lookout for a bass. The classifieds section has basses that are too expensive for a student!

2. Bunnoodle

Bunnoodle

Nov 29, 2017

Yes, im looking for a TRBX 305 because the $150 difference does not really justify those alnico pickups. Both basses have the same construction. I plan to swap the preamp after a year or so, using the 5 way switch to blend the pickups and remaining for volume+3 band eQ. And they usually sell for ~ $250.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2018
    el_Bajo_Verde likes this.
  3. Sounds good! I literally can't find any 305's used, and I'm usually really good at finding deals. Keep on the lookout! Something could show up and be bought out the same day.

Bunnoodle likes this.
  4. Bunnoodle

Bunnoodle

Nov 29, 2017
    Not digging the red color, quite ugly. Pewter/White look elegant. Black is always welcome.

5. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 15, 2021