1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for advice/opinions on combos

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by John Pierce, Jul 23, 2019.

1. John Pierce

John Pierce

Nov 6, 2016
    I’m currently in the market for an inexpensive combo amp that is light enough for me to haul up and down four flights of stairs multiple times a week, but also powerful enough to hold its own in a smaller venue.
    My current Fender Rumble 500 is just about at the end of its lifespan and I’m looking for something of similar quality but perhaps around the 100 watt range. I also have a Fender rumble 1x15 600w external speaker that I would like to connect to whichever amp I decide to go with.
    Does anybody have any ideas as to what setup I should go with? I’m not trying to spend much over $400 if even that much. Probably the main factor at play would be compatibility with my external speaker. Any advice would be much appreciated!

2. zon5string

zon5string Supporting Member

Aug 20, 2007
    San Diego, CA
    I'll offer the first advice: Make use of this forum's search feature. This topic is discussed again and again.

That said, I'm a fan of the GK MB150e or MB150s. 25 lbs, 100 watts, fits under an airplane seat.

John Pierce likes this.
  3. AstroSonic

AstroSonic Supporting Member

Dec 10, 2009
    rural New Mexico
    If you like the Rumble 500, then consider getting a Rumble 200 - it's within your budget and will handle an external 8 ohm cab. The 100w Rumble combo does not take an external speaker. Few 100w combos will handle an external cab.