1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for an alternative head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by clanner, Oct 30, 2006.

1. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    because i would like something with a slightly differnt flavor than my Kustom 1200hd. my only really complaint is the lack of center detens on the EQ (not the grapics) i'm looking for something with similar wattage (450 @ 8 ohms, 750 @ 4 ohms, and 1200 @ 2 ohms) that is in a similar price range. ($500-$700) or a little cheaper.

thnx, the head will be used with either the Kustom 810 or the avatar neo 212 neo 410 setup i'm ordering. thnx.

p.s. i play in an alternative rock, pop/punk band.

eidt, also, it will only have to go down to 4 ohms but a 2 ohm option is always nice. no ampegs please, i have played through some and they don't fit my sound.

edit #2, the wattage doesn't need to be exact, thats just a very rough area of what has worked for me, i'm barely cranking my head

edit #3, don't worry about price so much, i just saw the genz-benz GBE 1200. would it blow the avatar 212 cab?

2. Yorkville is worth checking out. As for the Genz, just turn it down if you hear farting and you should be fine.

3. bluetiejeeper

bluetiejeeper

Oct 24, 2006
    danville CA
    carvin B1500

4. tjh

tjh

Mar 22, 2006
    Minnesota
    I was just going to say the Carvin B1500 ... beat me to it ... there was just a used one sold on craigslist Mpls for 450 ...

5. clanner

clanner Token Black Guy.

Apr 27, 2005
    ummmmm, marietta GA
    sorry guys, center detents is defenately something i want, one of the reason i am not ecstatic w/ my head. just content.
    but hey, i'm also looking at the swr 900 and the gk 2001, so i'm not dead set on genz by any means. for some reason i can't find they're larger cabs on the site.

6. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jan 25, 2021