Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for an amp

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by TN_writer, Feb 16, 2004.

1. TN_writer

TN_writer

Feb 3, 2004
    I have a 4 String Peavey Milestone IV bass. The instrument is connected to a Mackie DFX-12 mixer in my home system. I like to record my bass playing onto CD. My problem is I can't seem to get enough low and high sounds recorded (I play along with CDs, etc.).

What I would like is to have a separate amp for my bass and somehow connect it up to the system so I can record CDs.

Does anyone have any suggestions on what amp you would recommend and how best to connect it?

I don't want to spend $1,000 for a new amp but would like to have a deep sound for the lows and still hear the high notes.

Any comments from you who are experience would be appreciated.

2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Chicago
    Sounds like you might be happy with an outboard preamp...like a Tech21 SansAmp Bass Driver DI, or a Sadowsky or MXR or ???

There are also the Line6 Bass PODs or the Behringer Bass Vamp series for bass amp simulations. The Behringer unit is barely more than a simple preamp and have speaker cabinet emulations...