1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for an awesome 4 string to add to my arsenal.

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Tom Young, Jan 6, 2018.

What do you think of Mitchell basses?

Poll closed Jan 9, 2018.
  1. It’s a hero!

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. It’s a zero!

6 vote(s)
    100.0%
  1. Tom Young

Tom Young

Dec 21, 2017
    Greer, SC
    Hey folks looking to expand my bass family noticed a brand called Mitchell at GC.

2. Guitar Center House Import Brand...serviceable but nothing to write home about...

Named for Wayne Mitchell who founded the company

BurnOut and Tom Young like this.
  3. Tom Young

Tom Young

Dec 21, 2017
    Greer, SC
    I wondered why I only saw them there and not at any of the other local shops in my area.

4. Maxdusty

Maxdusty

Mar 9, 2012
    Michigan USA
    I've tried a few at GC, one had horrendous fret ends, very sharp and literally cut my hand- two of them had faulty input jacks (bass was relatively new at the time, so they couldn't have both been used much) - one was decent but nothing spectacular. I really wanted to like them as they were inexpensive and the new kid on the block so to speak, but not really impressed by the overall quality and for the same price, could pick up a better Ibanez or even a Schecter.