Looking for an easy-to-play, yet relatively impressive song

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by Dragen, Oct 30, 2000.

1. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    I'm a newbie..........that's the bottomline here; I'm a newbie who really want to impress his friends. I want to play a sing which really sounds "proffesional". Anyone?
  2. Paul A

Paul A

Dec 13, 1999
    Hertfordshire U.K!
    Try "Boris the Spider" or "happy jack" (the who),"Heartbreaker"(Led Zep) or "Black Night" (Deep Purple)
    .....That should do the trick...
  3. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    lick it up, kiss...one of the easiest songs ever.
  4. Blackbird

Blackbird Moderator Staff Member Supporting Member

Mar 18, 2000
    The Beatles "I saw her standing there" and "Come together"

Will C.:cool:
  5. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Yeah...I'd go with Come Together, or Another one Bites the Dust. Both are easy to play and quickly recognizable by others....:)
  6. If the the people you want to impress are younger than...let's say...40 ( :) ), then try "Otherside" by RHCP. That song is easy and the bass line "makes" the song.

[Edited by ThePez on 10-30-2000 at 04:48 PM]
  7. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    Thanks for the answers. They fit nicely into my taste of music. But I know them all. And I love them. Perhaps I'm moving on to the next stage: Senior Newbie (or something). It's rather dull being a Junior Newbie. Anyone who knows songs which are just a bit harder than those previously mentioned?
  8. Acacia

Apr 26, 2000
    Austin, TX
    Dancing in the Moonlight by thin lizzy.
  9. Speedbird

Speedbird Supporting Member

Jul 10, 2000
    Northern Virginia
    -"Suck My Kiss" by T.R.H.C.P.
    -"Cracker Man" by Stone Temple Pilots (big crowd pleaser if you can get your hands on a strobe light & a megaphone)
  10. FigV

FigV Guest

Sep 21, 2000
    -Bust A Move-Young MC
    -Love Shack-B52's
    -Sunshine Of Your Love-Cream
    -Jungle Boogie-Kool And The Gang
    -Rockin' In The Free World-Neil Young
    -Jeremy-Pearl Jam (timing is a little tricky but basically easy to learn)
    -Testify-Rage Against The Machine
    -Break On Through-The Doors
    -Rappers Delight-Sugarhill Gang

Most of these are fairly simple and recognizable. They're all fun to play too. Good Luck.

11. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    "In the Hall of the Mountain King".....that always seems to make an impression, :)
  12. Dragen

Aug 31, 2000
    Ever heard that Britney Spears son "Baby, hit me one more time (or something like that)? Travis covered it in a not so far past and did a great job, so my band tried to cover it to, the song is great when converted a bit. Strange, but (dare I say) decent solos, both on guitar and bass, was improvised last night. Am I the only one who has played such a song and enjoyed it?

I just want to say that Britney Spears is not an idol. That would be stupid........
  13. How about RATM's "Kiling In The Name of...?" Or Soundgarden's "Outshined?"
  14. calm like a bomb

calm like a bomb

May 24, 2000
    calm like a bomb by rage against the machine has a pretty good bass solo u can show off with. (hence my name by the way :)) When i learnt it i had only been playing bass for about 3 monthsI've been playing for about 10 now and have perfected it pretty good.