1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for an inexpensive bridge with quick release (Fender mount)

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by matante, Dec 9, 2018.

1. matante

matante

Nov 3, 2003
    Los Angeles
    Hi, just as the title says, I have a Yamaha with the standard, 5 screw vintage Fender style bridge, and I'd like to replacement it with something that has quick release. I don't want to spend the money for a Hipshot though. Any suggestions?

2. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Problem with cheap bridges is the metal. A lot of them with quick release bend at the lugs because they’re cheap cast powdered metal, not machined from a billet. Just search around here to see bent Ibanez lugs. Common problem. You get what you pay for.

Check this out. Bridge saddle bent

matante and sissy kathy like this.
  3. sissy kathy

sissy kathy Back to Bass-ics Gold Supporting Member

Apr 21, 2014
    Arbutus, MD
    You might check places like Stratosphere or Reverb for used, name brand bridges. I agree with @96tbird, you aren't doing yourself any favors buying a cheap knock off. That's not to say all knock offs are inferior, but the quick release ones have enough extra stress on the lugs that they generally aren't worth the money.

matante likes this.
  4. 96tbird

96tbird PLEASE STAND BY

Besides, the only real reason to *want* a quick release is if you change strings frequently. In that case, you wouldn’t reuse the dead strings. So you can just cut them and they’ll release quickly ;). Threading a new string isn’t that much of a chore.

matante likes this.