Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for an instructor

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by Sean Baumann, Mar 3, 2003.

1. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    Howdy. I'm looking for an instructor in Maryland, perferably somewhere around Frederick. Can anyone recommend someone? I am willing to travel a little, maybe 40 miles or so, for the right teacher. I'm an intermediate player. The instructor doesn't need to be employeed at a music store or college, just as long as they are qualified. thanks!!

2. sedgdog

sedgdog

Jan 26, 2002
    Pasco, WA
    Hey are you familiar with Dave LaRue? I take lessons by correspondence from him - have for a little over a year. He charges $75.00 a lesson but it's the best deal in town. Takes me a good two months to get through everything he assigns on each lessson. Sounds like I was in the same boat as you. Good, but not able to get my playing to the next level. Dave is able to read into your playing and stear you in the right direction. Check him out at www.davelarue.com . Good luck!

Tim

3. Sean Baumann

Sean Baumann Supporting Member

Apr 6, 2000
    Livin' in the USA
    I took a couple of lessons from Dave LaRue a couple years back. I'm not sure I am good enough for coorespondence yet, I think I still need somebody to help me out in person. That being said, I emailed Dave last month about starting back up. I just haven't gotten the courage together to send him a tape yet...heheh. Perhaps I'll do this after all. Thanks for the reply!

4. Gard

Gard Commercial User

Mar 31, 2000
    Greensboro, NC, USA
    General Manager, Roscoe Guitars
    Yeah, Dave rules...

...and the face-to-face lessons are even more intimidating! :eek:

...I don't study with him anymore, but I work where he teaches...

:D

5. You may want to check out Anthony Wllington. He's an excellent player and he's also Victor Wooten's bass tech. Check out his website. www.anthonywellington.com Good Luck.