1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for an used or new IBZ AFR-J5B PUP

Discussion in 'Pickups & Electronics [BG]' started by DGreen, Sep 27, 2010.

1. DGreen

DGreen

Sep 27, 2010
    I have an Ibanez SR885 (1993) 5-string bass with a dead 3rd string when panned to the bridge PUP. Neck PUP is OK. The bridge pickup is identified as an AFR-J, instead of AFR-J5B. The neck PUP is identified as an AFR-J5 (no N). The 3rd string position of the AFR-J in the bridge position has opposite magnetic pole piece polarity compared with the other string positions 1, 2, 4 & 5, which attract a screwdriver blade. String 3 position repels the screwdriver blade. I believe replacement of the AFR-J with the correct AFR-J5B PUP will fix the problem. Hope someone has an working AFR-J5B sitting in a box somewhere that they can sell to me. Please advise. I'm working on this bass for fellow bassplayer and I'm hoping to surprise him. Thanks.