Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

looking for aproval on new set up

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by violatedppl, Aug 1, 2005.

1. I know I dont need it but I thought I would get some opinions on the set up I am going to get. peavey tmax(already have) peavey 412 bass cab(going to get this week prob.) plus the misc pedal I am running with a fender jazz and ibanez srx505. I play mainly in rock bands, and need something that would help me cut through a bit more and my 1810. and I have an suv and a young back so the wieght shouldnt be a problem. (really lifting 135 lbs isnt that much ;) )

2. Plain Old Me

Plain Old Me

Dec 14, 2004
  3. csholtmeier

csholtmeier

Feb 8, 2004
    omaha, ne
    Yep, and it's pretty harsh sounding in the mids.

4. A buddy of mine has one of those 412s he uses with a Firebass head.He uses an American Deluxe Jazz and an Ibanez Fieldy bass and both of these sound real good through the 412,very powerful with lots of low end.A good 410 cabinet might have mid-bite but the 412 always impresses me with it's air moving ability.If you don't mind lifting it they are pretty cool.

5. yea Im not to concernd about the wieght, just looking for people opinions about the cab, I know the Tmax is a good head and the guy I am buying the cab from has two of the and I dont know If I should buy both, it would look cool onstage but I know their really wouldnt be a point at the gigs I would be playing but than again, I would never need PA support execpt for outdoors. I will probably only get one :meh: but for 450 asking I can have both so...

6. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego