Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking For Bassist In Iowa

Discussion in 'Bassists [BG]' started by Importance, Oct 16, 2000.

1. Importance

Importance

Oct 16, 2000
    Hey, my name is David and I am in a slowly recovering band that is in need of a bassist. Our last bassist moved to Oklahoma which set us back considerably. I play drums and my two friends play guitar. We are currently toying with rock/hard rock but are open to many different ideas. Our last bassist played a '78 Gibson with some kind of custom pickups. He used to play on a 4x12 Peavy cabinet with an old tube driven Ampeg head. We are very involved with our music and are definetly serious about any inquiries. If you are interested please email me at Aenima1953@aol.com. Thanks!

2. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Do you have any requirements that a possible applicant must meet? Like must be under 21, over 80, male, female, etc.?

3. Importance

Importance

Oct 16, 2000
    Oh no. There are no gender or age requirements. We have worked with people as old as 26 and as young as 16. All I ask is that the person doesn't do too many drugs (doesn't get in way of music) and that the person is willing to practice weekly. Also, it would be really helpful that the person played or listened to rock/hard rock as that's our basic touchstone. There are other exceptions as well; for instance, this fallback we've had, because of it I have already begun to fill in for another band but this project in question is very serious and we can make exceptions of any kind as far as time and place goes. We just need to get back on to our feet! :)

4. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Where are you located in Iowa?

5. Jennifer

Jennifer

Jul 31, 2000
    Erie, Illinois
    Deynn, his profile says Des Moines.

6. Deynn

Deynn Moderator Emeritus

Aug 9, 2000
    Iowa
    Thanks Jennifer...I usually check, but was in a hurry at the moment and newbies usually don't have their profile filed out either...:)
    Hey wait! That's where I live!!! :D

Importance....email me...okay?

[Edited by Deynn on 10-17-2000 at 08:25 AM]