1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for black volume knob, with numbers, with setscrew

Discussion in 'Hardware, Setup & Repair [BG]' started by Vince Waldon, Jun 27, 2012.

1. I like being able to dial in the volume control of my basses, amps, etc in a repeatable fashion... meaning I like volume controls with numbers.

All my gear has retro-fitted active preamps and so the volume control shaft has a flat spot rather than the flutings many original volume controls have. This means I need a knob with a setscrew rather than the Gibson or Strat-style fluted press-fit version.

I've found many black knobs with numbers that are a press-fit, and many silver knobs with numbers and setscrews. Who knew there are about 2000 volume knobs on eBay alone?! :)

knobs.

So.. the quest: black knob, with numbers, that uses a set screw.

Anyone ever come across such a knob?

thanks,

Vince

2. I've scored some really good stuff at- of all places- Radio Shack.

3. +1 I don't know if there is a Radio Shack in Edmonton, Alberta, CANADA. My only gripe about RS is that they have all types of potentiometers except the 250k or 500k.::meh:

4. tuckomf

tuckomf

Jan 18, 2012
    Neenah, WI
    In the UK, this thread could also serve a comedic purpose, looking for black knobs and all.

There should be a shorthand something or other to put at the beginning of a post that contains no valuable information whatsoever. Or maybe certain people should keep the jackassery to a minimum? I dunno. Sorry.

5. M.R. Ogle

M.R. Ogle Gold Supporting Member Commercial User

Nov 5, 2004
    Mount Vernon, Illinois
    Backstage Guitar Lab owner
  6. Thanks for all the posts folks... appreciated!

Yup Canada has Radio Shack...although they rebranded themselves as "The Source by Circuit City" and in doing so took out about 50% of their electronics hardware.. .more room for cell phones I guess. :) No black volume knobs with numbers, unfortunately.

Again, thanks for the help.

Vince