Looking for Bluetooth connector

Discussion in 'Recording Gear and Equipment [BG]' started by Drucifer, Mar 14, 2019.

1. Drucifer

Drucifer Not currently practicing Gold Supporting Member

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Endorsements: your name could be here, Mr. Sadowsky!
    When we rehearse, we occasionally want to play something from our cell phones or other devices over the PA (I have one band that rehearses using in-ears, but same concept.) It would be nice to have a Bluetooth device that plugs into the PA (either via 1/4" or RCA phono or even balanced microphone) that could connect to multiple cell phones. I tried some searches but would like to hear from folks who have experience, if anyone out there does.

2. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    knumbskull and DrewinHouston like this.
  3. ctmullins

ctmullins fueled by beer and coconut Gold Supporting Member

Apr 18, 2008
    MS Gulf Coast
    I'm highly opinionated and extremely self-assured
    seamonkey and DrewinHouston like this.
  4. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Yes, something like this, but in the other direction. This takes audio from a source and sends it to your device via Bluetooth, I'm looking for something to receive audio via Bluetooth.

EDIT: it might go both ways, not sure.

5. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    This is a great form factor, and with phantom power, but only connects to one device at a time, and it's $110, a little more pricey that I was hoping. This is definitely a candidate, thanks.

ctmullins likes this.
  6. DirtDog

DirtDog

Jun 7, 2002
    The Deep North
    Yeah, as soon as I posted that, I wondered the same myself. I guess a Bluetooth receiver would be the right piece of kit.

DrewinHouston likes this.
  7. Drucifer

Apr 20, 2009
    Houston Heights, Texas
    Bought this, works great, except I keep forgetting it plugged into the back of our rehearsal space mixing board.

ctmullins likes this.
  8. Try this: https://www.amazon.com/Bluetooth-Ad...ocphy=9032850&hvtargid=pla-523770557921&psc=1 I have a Belkin model (looks identical) that works well into my amp’s aux input. Its range is surprisingly long. You may need to use an adapter but that’s trivial.

9. JKos

JKos Supporting Member

Oct 26, 2010
    Torrance, CA
    Last edited: Aug 23, 2019
  10. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Sep 27, 2021