Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for cases...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HotRoded, Jan 27, 2005.

1. HotRoded

HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    Maryland
    I am on the market for 2 cases, one for my P- one fr my J-, to protected them while I carry them around. What case do you use, do you like them or not?

------------

I use the SKB molded half shaped cases that come with Fender American Serie instruments, and here is why I am looking for some others.

IF YOU USE ONE OF THESE AND CARRY YOUR INSTRUMENT AROUND, BEWARE!!!

When I was unloading my Jazz Bass, it slipped off my hand while I was holding it by the handle, (Silly me !! I know !!!!) so the corner where the bottom of the body is hit the ground at first. It was dropped from a foot and half, at the maximum, probably even closer to 1 foot. I looked at the case, and it is not marked or chipped. I didn't even dent the case, I thought happily.

Well, that was until I took the instrument out of it. The body of my poor bass hit the profiled aluminum that is all around the case so hard, it now has a one inch dent. The paint has been chipped down to the wood. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I take very good care of my instruments (well... except maybe this time), and will have my bass fixed. It will cost at least $100 :(

2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    [​IMG]
    These are from Rondo music and are obscenely cheap at $79.98. A flight case like this usually costs $250-300. They also have conventional cases for cheap as well. Check them out at Rondo Music

3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moved to Miscellaneous.