Looking for cases...

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by HotRoded, Jan 27, 2005.

1. HotRoded

Jun 6, 2003
    I am on the market for 2 cases, one for my P- one fr my J-, to protected them while I carry them around. What case do you use, do you like them or not?

I use the SKB molded half shaped cases that come with Fender American Serie instruments, and here is why I am looking for some others.

When I was unloading my Jazz Bass, it slipped off my hand while I was holding it by the handle, (Silly me !! I know !!!!) so the corner where the bottom of the body is hit the ground at first. It was dropped from a foot and half, at the maximum, probably even closer to 1 foot. I looked at the case, and it is not marked or chipped. I didn't even dent the case, I thought happily.

Well, that was until I took the instrument out of it. The body of my poor bass hit the profiled aluminum that is all around the case so hard, it now has a one inch dent. The paint has been chipped down to the wood. :mad: :mad: :mad:

I take very good care of my instruments (well... except maybe this time), and will have my bass fixed. It will cost at least $100 :(
  2. The Hammer

The Hammer

Jul 13, 2004
    These are from Rondo music and are obscenely cheap at $79.98. A flight case like this usually costs $250-300. They also have conventional cases for cheap as well. Check them out at Rondo Music
  3. embellisher

embellisher Holy Ghost filled Bass Player Staff Member Supporting Member

Moved to Miscellaneous.