1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for cheeap solutions for a carry bag for eden wt-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, Jan 31, 2003.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Looking at getting a wt-300 soon but before I get it I know that I'm going to be carrying it around a lot!

So I looked at eden's site and it said 80. I think I can do better.

For example I was thinking about getting a fender effects bag or something like that.

Any other solutions?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah I was the same - I couldn't believe how expensive the official product was when I bought my WT300.

I just bought a small padded rucksack - about the same size that people use for laptops etc.

So this means I can put the amp on my back and carry a small cab like the VL208 in one hand and a bass in the other - all very portable!! :D

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I bought a 3 rack space Groove Pak from eBay for $40, shipping included. Although I've never owned one, I'm sure it's at least as efficient as the one with Eden's sparkling golden logo for $80. ;)

Look around. You'll come up with something.

4. Of course, if you're really into cheap, try your local thrift store. They have all kinds of canvas sacks for like, $1.00. They might even have a laptop bag that would work for not much jing.

;)

5. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I'm using the 12H x 13W x 3D (inches) Rok Sak padded bag. A very snug fit and fairly cheap at $22.95 (USD) from American Musical.

6. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    For one I don't live in America which makes it harder for me to get anything south of the border.

For the idea about a laptop bag wouldn't the
    wt-300 shake around inside?

This was what I was thinking about...

[​IMG]

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    get a cheap laptop bag from your local computer mall. i use one for my iAMP350.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No - you just have to get the right size - that is, one that fits the amp well - just measure it!!

I found it very easy, as most "outdoor" shops have hundreds of rucksacks of all shapes and sizes and they aren't that expensive - just pick the one nearest to the dimensions of the WT300 - mine was less than £20 and has lasted about 4 years !!