Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for cheeap solutions for a carry bag for eden wt-300

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by steve_man, Jan 31, 2003.

1. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    Looking at getting a wt-300 soon but before I get it I know that I'm going to be carrying it around a lot!

So I looked at eden's site and it said 80. I think I can do better.

For example I was thinking about getting a fender effects bag or something like that.

Any other solutions?

2. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

Yeah I was the same - I couldn't believe how expensive the official product was when I bought my WT300.

I just bought a small padded rucksack - about the same size that people use for laptops etc.

So this means I can put the amp on my back and carry a small cab like the VL208 in one hand and a bass in the other - all very portable!! :D

3. Mike

Mike

Sep 7, 2000
    Cali
    I bought a 3 rack space Groove Pak from eBay for $40, shipping included. Although I've never owned one, I'm sure it's at least as efficient as the one with Eden's sparkling golden logo for $80. ;)

Look around. You'll come up with something.

4. Of course, if you're really into cheap, try your local thrift store. They have all kinds of canvas sacks for like, $1.00. They might even have a laptop bag that would work for not much jing.

;)

5. chardin

chardin

Sep 18, 2000
    I'm using the 12H x 13W x 3D (inches) Rok Sak padded bag. A very snug fit and fairly cheap at $22.95 (USD) from American Musical.

6. steve_man

steve_man

May 15, 2002
    For one I don't live in America which makes it harder for me to get anything south of the border.

For the idea about a laptop bag wouldn't the
    wt-300 shake around inside?

This was what I was thinking about...

[​IMG]

7. jokerjkny

jokerjkny

Jan 19, 2002
    NY / NJ / PA
    get a cheap laptop bag from your local computer mall. i use one for my iAMP350.

8. Bruce Lindfield

Bruce Lindfield Unprofessional TalkBass Contributor Gold Supporting Member

No - you just have to get the right size - that is, one that fits the amp well - just measure it!!

I found it very easy, as most "outdoor" shops have hundreds of rucksacks of all shapes and sizes and they aren't that expensive - just pick the one nearest to the dimensions of the WT300 - mine was less than £20 and has lasted about 4 years !!