Dismiss Notice

Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for D'Addario Slowounds

Discussion in 'Strings [BG]' started by TheJazzBassist, Nov 30, 2002.

1. Question.

I've been dying to try D'Addario Slowounds, but I can't seem to find them anywhere I go in my area. GC doesn't have em or a clue what they are, the local mom and pop stores don't either, so I settled for some XL's. They're ok, but seem to be lacking the warm tone that I'm searching for.

Does anyone in the LA or OC area know where I can find some Slowounds? Any help is much appreciated.

2. Hey man, I sometimes use the XL's sometimes too when I can't afford the high end stirngs (which is always ;))

Check out www.musicsheetplus.com - highly recommend to me, and the Slowounds are only 20 dollas!

Also, www.juststrings.com are good, but they were expensive when I bought from them..:)

3. Munjibunga

Munjibunga Total Hyper-Elite Member Gold Supporting Member

May 6, 2000
    San Diego (when not at Groom Lake)
    Independent Contractor to Bass San Diego
    If you find yourself in San Diego, Guitar Trader on Clairmont Mesa Boulevard and Shawline has them. I think I paid $20 for a 5-string set. Also, I've seen them at Bass Alone.

Seems to me that GC Hollywood or one of the myriad stores in that immediate area might have them.