1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for Del Shannon's "Runaway" Tab

Discussion in 'Tablature and Notation [BG]' started by TRCat, May 1, 2009.

1. Hey Folks,

Need a favor. Have my first gig set for the 23rd and I've hit a headwind. My band is doing a gig down at the local pub for friends and family - about 80 folks. We plan on playing about 20 songs, one of which is Runaway. All the other songs I've had the time to work out on my own or with some assistance from others. However, with three weeks to go and my sked tight, I really need some help on the last song so I'm asking for the entire tab. I really don't have the time to work it from scratch.

So, if anyone can help me out I'd be very appreciative!

Cheers!

TRCat

2. i played this a couple of months ago, i found a tab for it on ultimate tab, i think it was a guitar pro, or power tab file, so you would neet to have software which can open these types of file. I use tux-guitar to open them, its free.

3. Thx Sky,

I do indeed have Guitar pro. However, I did find one tab that was rated 1-star which to me didn't sound right.

I'll take a look and see how it works out!

Thx

4. Hi.

Cool song, and as I play it by ear, can't really help You much other than:

I play the verses with I-V patterns A, G, F, E and the chorus with A major I-III-V and Fis minor I-III-V.

What always brings a big smile is the solo, which I play (a bit incorrectly, twice the same melody).

Regards
    Sam