Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for Distortion from my Sansamp BDDI

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by dangerman, Feb 22, 2005.

1. dangerman

dangerman

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey,

I've just purchased a SABDDI and looked thoroughly through the threads on this unit and couldn't find any specifically for using it to create distortion so I don't feel too bad for creating another thread about this unit...... :D

I play in a melodic speed metal band and often struggle to cut through live as most of our songs are upward of 210bpm and I'm often playing 16th note patterns. As you can imagine, my fills just vanish into the ether.

Does anyone have any settings that could help me create the sound I desire?

I play an Ibanez SGR 6 string with a Trace Elliot head and 4x10 cab.

Thanks in advance for your help,

Ady Danger

2. andruca

andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    WOW! 16th notes at 210 BPM, you sure have some robot's right hand! :)

I don't speed(metal) that much but I use an RBI. I think maybe the presence control is the key to distorted clarity. Why don't you tell is your settings on the BDDI?

ANDRUCA

3. dangerman

dangerman

Feb 22, 2005
    Hey Andruca,

Well, I got the unit yesterday just prior to a show in London so I've only sat down to experiment with it for a couple of hours today therefore I don't have any settings yet :)

I have two shows in Greece this weekend where I will be using a hire amp so I really want the sound on the BDDI sorted before then so I can pretty much plug-and-play.

I will mess around with the presence control though as you've advised :)

Thanks,

Ady

www.dragonforce.com