1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for Drummer's Forum

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by DaveLutz, Jan 5, 2012.

1. DaveLutz

DaveLutz

Aug 24, 2011
    Highland, MI
    I'm trying to find a forum similar to TalkBass for drummers, with the hope of gaining some insight into what common questions drummers have about bass players.

So far, all of the drummer-oriented forums I've found do not have any topics about how the drummer fits in with other musicians.

2. drummer5359

drummer5359 Gold Supporting Member

Jan 10, 2011
    Pittsburgh PA USA
    Hi Dave,

Since drums are my primary instrument and I've been on various drum forums for five years, I'm qualified to give you a couple of recomendations. (Even if I'm not qualified, nobody else has come forward.)

So...

The drum forum which is most like TB is probably DFO.
    [DFO] Drum Forum - Vintage and Modern Drumming Community

DFO is is a large and busy forum like TB and you'll likely be welcomed there. I don't recall specific threads about working with other musicians, but I'd think that one would be welcome.

DrumChat is a forum that I haven't been on too long, but it too has a decent following and is a fairly friendly forum.
    DrumChat.com - Drummer Forum / DRUM FORUM for Drums - Powered by vBulletin

My personal favorite is Drum-World.com.

Drum-World.com - Let's talk drums!

It's a smaller forum, but is particularly friendly. New members are welcome and discussion can get as deep as you want it to. Full disclosure makes me mention that I am a moderator there.

3. DaveLutz

DaveLutz

Aug 24, 2011
    Highland, MI
    Thanks for the links. DFO seems pretty nice, I'll check it out some more later on.