1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking For Effects

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by Cubeface, May 10, 2006.

1. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    Hello,
    I'm planning on getting an effects, but I'm not sure what to purchase. It's my first one, so I want one that has a large range in sounds (I heard that effects with a large range, uposed to a specific effect, are cheap in quality, but I don't really want an amazing/expensive one to start off with).
    So I'm wondering if there are any effects that have a large range that are around $100 (US) or less.

Post your suggestions

2. Digitech BP80
    Zoom B2
    Zoom BFX708

i suggest the B2 out of all of them...

3. i recently got a digitech synth wah... quite possibly the best $75 i ever spent.. if you're into experimenting with a lot of sounds this is a good buy for you.. this thing can make some of the coolest sounds you've ever (or never) heard.. but if this is the first pedal you're getting then i'd reccomend starting off with the basics and getting a chorus, compressor/gate, or an octave pedal to start off with

4. Cubeface

Cubeface

Apr 9, 2006
    The B2 looks really nice!
    But would it be worth the extra cash to get it with the pedal? or should I just get the basic model, and when I need a pedal, I'll just buy an individual one.

5. The pedal IMO is 6 of one half a dozen of the other. What really makes the B2.1u stand out is the USB interface. For the minimal extra cash, you get the convenience of being able to record with pretty high quality direct to any DAW application that supports the USB codec, which is pretty much all of them these days.

I've said it here a couple of times, the B2.1u was the best purchase I've made to advance my songwriting - ever! That and Ableton Live 5 revolutionised my songwriting literally overnight.

6. i'd get it with the pedal...its nice to have an expression pedal

7. Puru

Puru

Mar 13, 2006
    Alachua, Florida
    For 100 bucks you can't beat the B2.