looking for electronic schema

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by zug, Jul 3, 2002.

1. zug

Jul 3, 2002
    Could anyone tell me where i could find schemes of bass amplifiers with a clear and precise sound ? I would like to make my own and i have quite enough equipment to make it.

Thanks ;)

2. geshel

Oct 2, 2001
  3. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Why do you want to build your own? If it's to save money...forget it; it will cost you a lot more in the long run

If you're looking for something "different" that you can't get commercially...then go for it. Actually, the best way to go would be to build your own preamp and then use a high quality, modern power amp.

What do you want that you can't get commercially?

Walter Harley's preamp is a no frills unit. He left out the EQ section because he has a preamp in his bass. If you use a passive bass you'll have to add EQ in some other manner.

I've known Walter for a while through The Bottom Line. He's a clever guy and I'm sure that his preamp does exactly what he intended it to...which is basically boosting the signal of his bass to drive a power amp with minimal control otherwise.

He also designed a straight forward headphone amp that you can buy through Bass NW in Seattle.
  4. zug

Jul 3, 2002
    to tell the truth i thought that i could find kits like for speakers and it would be a lot cheaper...

anyway I think I'll try as you said : I will make this preamp and buy a good power amp.. I have talked with some other peeps and they think just like you :)

Thanks a lot for all guys I'll tell you how went the result ;)