Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for Far Side cartoon

Discussion in 'Off Topic [DB]' started by Bass Cadet, Aug 2, 2000.

1. Bass Cadet

Bass Cadet

Jul 7, 2000
    Does anyone know if The Far Side cartoon: "Hominid Reconstructions" appeared in any of the collections/books? This is the cartoon with four skeletons labeled Neanderthal Man, XXX Man, YYY Man, and Jazz Man. The Jazz Man was a double bassist.

I found a so so scan on the net but would like a good picture so I can enlarge it and put it on a T-shirt. [​IMG]

Thanks,
    greg

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[This message has been edited by Bass Cadet (edited August 02, 2000).]

2. ONYX

ONYX

Apr 14, 2000
    Michigan
    Well I'm not sure what collection it originally appeared in but, I may have a good lead for you.

If you happen to have the Far Side desktop calender, look at August 16, 2000. It's the cartoon that your're looking for!

I hope this helps!!! Gotta get back to the BG forum before they come looking for me!!!

3. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    Mentioned on the FenderForum bass section today:

:For those who have the Far Side 2000 Desk Calendar, today's "cartoon" is for us bass players..."

It's the cartoon you're looking for. I asked if the writer would scan it or send it or a good copy for to me to scan, and also posted a link to this message. Perhaps we'll get lucky.

4. DangerBass

DangerBass

Aug 17, 2000
  5. Bob Gollihur

Bob Gollihur GollihurMusic.com

Mar 22, 2000
    New Joisey Shore
    Big Cheese Emeritus: Gollihur Music
    thanks!!

6. Bass Cadet

Bass Cadet

Jul 7, 2000
    THANK YOU! I'd just about given up hope and then saw these replies. In color and already scanned.

TalkBass comes through again. Thanks again, all.

greg