1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for First Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by KriKKe, May 7, 2006.

1. KriKKe

KriKKe

May 7, 2006
    belgium
    I'm going to buy my first bass soon, but what are your recommendations?
    What about this pack ?
    Bass+Amp
    My budget is $400 max

2. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    You'd be better off with something of a respected brand like Peavey, Ibanez,... My first bass is a Peavey Milestone BXP and it's great for learning to play. My amp was a Peavey Microbass wich is also great, but it's not loud enough to play in a band setting.

3. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    I looked around on the site you linked to and there are bass packs of Squier, Ibanez, Peavey and Yamaha, all good brands with wich you can't go wrong I think.

4. artistanbul

artistanbul Nihavend Longa Vita Brevis

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I'd suggest going yamaha way.

5. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Yeah that should be good, although the peavey amp is 5 watt more powerful (I think) and i know from experience that both bass and especially the amp sound great.

6. Kasper007

Kasper007

Feb 9, 2006
    Belgium
    Yep, (forgive my language for the english speaking) als ge in Belgie woont: de Muziek& Visie is een Antwerpse winkel die echt heel goed zijn. Ik heb daar al mijn basgerief gekocht. WWW.muziekvisie.be

7. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    yamaha, ibanez make very good beginner instruments.

and maybe a behringer amp.

8. KriKKe

KriKKe

May 7, 2006
    belgium
    @Kasper Merci

I will go take a look there then, I think that's better then buying online, although more expensive, but you can try those instruments etc. so...

9. janek65

janek65

Apr 7, 2005
    Netherlands
    Krikke, i wud recommend you go there and try out basses with someone who can judge the quality of the basses you try, and possibly knows the weak points of specific models or brands.
    If you can't try, don't buy.

10. artistanbul

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul
    I agree with mobis.
    Behringer BX600 with a yamaha rbx or ibanez sr would be better than packs. absolutely go to a music store and haggle a lot. The prices in the site look pretty high to me.

11. Captain Hydro

Captain Hydro

May 6, 2006
    A yamaha is always one of the best ways to begin.But as far the money, a good by is also an Ibanez. Good start mate.

Hei-->Jemand spricht deutche ? [mobis.fr]

12. terrelli721

terrelli721

Mar 19, 2006
    Indianapolis
    Another good idea may be Ebay. I would strongly suggest Ebay, because all of the these suggestions are accurate however you may be better off buying a higher quality used item or amp. I got a used schecter stilletto Elite which lists for about 899 used for 280 bucs shipped. I comes standard with EMG pickups as well, and is a much better quality overall bass. I also got a MIM Fender p bass for 183 bucs so check this option out too and let me know what you come up with.

13. artistanbul

Apr 15, 2003
    Turkey-Istanbul

14. My first bass was a Yamaha and it did well. very well.

I wouldnt advise going through ebay for your first bass, only go online when you know what your looking for. its better to get a store persons help.

15. wdinc01

wdinc01

Nov 19, 2005
    Jacksonville, FL
    Well I just sorta got lost when Kasper started speaking in...I guess whatever language you speak.

But anyway, you should probably try out some basses first. Even if they're ones you can't afford, see which ones you like. Then find some basses close to that. I myself can't really recommend a good beginner pack, although I myself got one of those Squier ones. They're alright, although don't come with a tuner, so definately make sure you get one of those, even if it's seperate.

And if you want help learning how to play, I highly suggest you download a program called Power Tabs, then Google a site called ultimate guitar, and fine a song you wanna learn how to play. It'll help you alot. It's helped me, and you would be the third person I told this to I believe.

But yeah, good luck on finding a bass.

16. PMC89

PMC89

May 1, 2006
    New Jersey
    this has been done probably about 3.45 * 10^8348 times.

search and you will find that peavey, and ibanez are best bets.

now shoo.

17. KriKKe

KriKKe

May 7, 2006
    belgium
    It's Dutch, Kasper just told me of a shop in belgium where I should go get my bass and stuff
    And about that tabs program, I already have it :)

18. mobis.fr

mobis.fr

Jun 2, 2005
    germany
    sicherlich spreche ich deutsch. ich wohne ja auch in deutschland :smug: