looking for flying-v bass knock-off

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Psyrcle, Apr 14, 2005.

1. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

I'm looking for a cheap version of the flying-v bass. The Epiphone one looks fruity with gold hardware. Anything out there?
  2. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

Comon guyz, I know you are more useful than this.
  3. It may look fruity, but it plays halfway decent for what they ask for it. Find a used one.
  4. Psyrcle

Psyrcle Guest

to be honest it is the gold hardware. If it was chrome I would have 3 in my arsenal within the next few hours. I called the epiphone custom shop and they told me it would cost $150+ to replace the hardware because chrome isn't standard. As much BS as that is how can I get around it. I must know.
  5. Well, that 150 bucks is the cost of the hardware, plus labor, + an upcharge for disrupting their usual production...so, price out the hardware and do it yourself. Same some coin.

edit: does Epi even offer the V anymore? I don't see it on the site....
  6. +1. I think Mon meant save some coin.

It shouldn't be too hard to change the hardware out yourself. If as you say you would have 3 in your arsenal, it's not too much to spend. You could then sell the unwanted parts on eBay.
  7. Brendan

Jun 18, 2000
    Austin, TX
    $150 isn't too bad. It's probably about $70-100ish for the hardware, and then cost of labor.
  8. Exactly. recoup even more $$$ on the intitial savings you made for yourself by swapping the parts yourself. It's a win-win if'n you ask me.