Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for good multi-bass stand, and recommendations?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by KB, Nov 1, 2001.

1. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I currently have individual A-frame stands to hold my basses while on stage/at home, etc. and I was thinking about getting a multiple stand to save space and hassle.
    I am trying to hold 3 basses.
    I have found 2 at MF and wanted to know if anyone used them or had other suggestions, The 2 I like are the Last Stand:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/home/011027211109066026043119232232?pid=450652

and the Rockstand:
    http://www.musiciansfriend.com/ex/shop/home/011027211109066026043119232232?pid=455000

Let me know if you have any experience with either of these. I want one that is easy to move around, but not easy to tip over. Thanks for any advice.

-KB

2. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    Beetle... where are thou? :)

3. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    Hup! Right here, boss!

I have a Warwick 5 Rockstand, and pardon the french, but it's the SHIZnit - best 50 bucks I ever spent towards my bass habit. Keeps my 3 basses (one of which is a big bulky a/e) and an electric gee-tar all nice and stable and safe in very little space, and ready to play in a heartbeat. My only concern is with the foam padding, and if it will over time damage the finish on my stuff - I've had many assurances from others that it won't, so we shall just see.

The Laststand looks interesting, but I just don't trust the stablity of it - the Rockstand has 3 points of common support for each instrument and a slightly wider base than the rest of the framework, so it ain't goin' nowhere, even if someone bumps into the whole thing.

Be sure to post what you picked and what you think of it after some use!

4. membranophone

membranophone

Mar 19, 2000
    Madison, WI
    Agreed.

5. I have the Fender case stand for 3 electrics or 1 electric & 1 acoustic. I'm satisfied with it, but it's a little on the heavy side, so I dunno if I'd want to lug it to a gig plus a bass or 2 strapped on my back.
    And also, it's got a solid bottom, not like the Warwick Rockstand with the gap on the bottom, which means I can't leave my basses with straps on 'em - stupid straploks. :rolleyes:

It seemed a little on the flimsy side at first, but now that I've had it for...erm...5 months or so? It seems perfectly fine.

All in all, I have no problems with it, it's just a wee bit annoying having to grab the strap and stick it on the bass every time I want to play, instead of just picking it up with the strap already on, ready to go. But oh well, nothing too bad.

But the Fender case stands weren't in your list, so I guess that means you're going to ignore my post? :p

6. When I finally aquire too many instruments to keep on individual stands (I can't wait!) I'm gonna make my own out of an old bookshelf we've got somewhere.

I also had this plan to make a stands out of old guitar cases.

7. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    The Fender case-stand is just too expensive ($199 at MF). The Rockstand seems like my first choice. Will 3 basses fit on the 3 version with plenty of room (no danger of banging the bodies together)? I figure since MF included a $10 off coupon with thier last catalog I would try to get a multistand.

_KB

8. Hmmm...really? $199 for the Fender case stand? I got mine for...er...crap, I don't remember, but I think it was about HK$1,000 which puts that at about US$128.20
    Of course, I could be wrong, because I don't remember exactly how much the thing cost. :oops:

9. Dave Castelo

Dave Castelo

Apr 19, 2000
    Mexico
    :D:D

;)

10. Warwick Rockstand here... I have the 7 space model. Holds 5 basses one electric and one acoustic geetar no problem. I just have to be a little careful picking up my basses so the don't hit each other but the stand is worth every penny!

11. Another vote for the rockstand, go with the 7 and fill it.

12. KB

KB

Jan 13, 2000
    Chapel Hill, NC
    I don't think I could get 7 basses past the "at - home financial advisor;) ". But I am wondering on the 3 vs. the 5. I have 3 full sized basses and I want to make sure the bodies don't bang into each other, but I don't really want some huge stand that takes up a lot of room and is a pain to carry around. I still have my single stands too, so I will probably just get the 3 stand and if i get more basses in the future, just put them on the single. Do 3 basses fit confortably on the 3 stand without banging into each other?

I'm not sure my Ashbory will fit on any stand, but that's OK as I am considering selling it

-KB

13. GO FOR THE WARWICK !!!

14. 72beetle

72beetle

Jun 10, 2001
    Phoenix, Arizona
    I dunno about the 3 stand, but on my 5, I have 4 instruments (including that big old a/e) and there's still plenty of room for one more, and they don't bang into each other at all. Go for it, dude!

15. My basses will only bang into each other if I'm tempoarily brain dead when I grab a bass! You just have to be aware enough to be careful. I think you'd better better off buying the 5 or 7. Better to have more room than not enough plus the cost/size difference isn't all that much.

16. CamMcIntyre

CamMcIntyre

Jun 6, 2000
    USA
    Get the 7 stand thingy and use it as an exscuse to buy more basses :D I currently have 2 full size basses + my ashbory-single stands for now but once i get 1 or 2 more full size basses [this summer or late falls comes the stack {free at last :D } ] The fender ones are way to expensive IMO you're payin for the fender name & the look of em. thats all