1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for Grants, outside scholarships, ect. for graduate school

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [DB]' started by CBFinet, Apr 4, 2006.

1. CBFinet

CBFinet

Nov 11, 2002
    Phoenix, AZ
    I'm currently in the process of making decisions on graduate school and what that means in terms of financial aid. I've been accepted to a few schools with varying amounts of scholarship including the Manhattan School of Music. I did get some scholarhip to MSM, but I will definitely need to take out loans and seek other possible sources of funding. I've heard of people getting a lot of help from both private and poublic grants and I'm wondering if anyone has any insight as to how to go about applying for these grants and what grants to apply for. I'm 21 years old, caucasian, and I'm about to graduate with my undergraduate degree from Northern Arizona University and will hopefully be attending MSM as a classical bass performance major in the fall, so I don't exactly fit into any minority categories... Anyways, suggestions would be greatly appreciated.
    Thanks,

Chris Finet