Looking for Guitarist & Keys in SF Bay Area

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by bassguppy, Apr 6, 2005.

1. hello everyone:

I'm getting a project started with a female vocalist & I'm forwarding this ad to all bass players out there who maybe know a guitarist and/or keyboardist either between bands, looking to join one or can't stand the people who they're with & want to jump ship to something else (I have no honor, I'll steal people away from other bands :p ).

Rehearsal will probably be in the Oakland/Berkeley area but that has not been finalized as of yet. I have a couple samples of her vocals & I definitely think it's very good & promising.

Here's the ad:

Female vocalist here with a unique, soulful voice and the energy to engage an audience. I need a couple of good musicians (guitar & keys) to start a new cover band focusing on current/recent radio music. The vision at this point is rock, with an acoustic/folk flavor. Other genres may also work (alternative, dance, soul, jazzy, bluesy, even some harder popular rock) depending on the tastes of all the musicians.

Some of my top artist picks include:
    Tori Amos
    Sarah Maclachlan
    Natalie Merchant/10,000 Maniacs
    Sheryl Crow
    some Jewel
    India Arie
    Norah Jones
    Macy Gray
    Alanis Morrisette
    No Doubt
    Maroon 5
    John Mayer
    Matchbox 20
    Green Day
    Dave Matthews
    David Gray

But am interested in finding a set that fits for the whole band.

Please be:

-experienced performing
    -willing to rehearse weekly until we're solid
    -dedicated to coming prepared
    -interested in gigging several times a month
    -mature but youthful (mid-20's to early 40's)

Sound like something you'd be interested in? Drop me a line and let me know what kind of project you are looking for. In return I'll send you a couple of mp3s to give you a sense of my voice.

If this sounds interesting or you have any ?'s send an email to kiarasings@sbcglobal.net OR