Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for half-rack effects unit

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by xcental34x, Mar 29, 2003.

1. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm trying to create a formidable rig with everything I'd ever need. I've decided I'm going to get the Boss NS-50 Noise Suppressor, which is a half rack space, and I figured I'd fill the other space with an effects unit. Can anybody reccomend me one.

~Patrick

2. Lexicon, Alesis, and Zoom had some 1/2 space rack units. I think Boss did too.

3. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    I'm having a hard time finding them. I've looked for boss but to no avail, although I know one exists. Closest thing I found is the Alesis Nanoverb. How is that thing for bass? I'm hoping for one specifically made for bass.

~Patrick

4. wushuguy

wushuguy

Jan 9, 2002
    Flagstaff, AZ
    Boss has a few half rack units. They have a pitchshifter (rps-10) which looks pretty cool. It has delay and reverse delay on it also. You can check out the reviews here.

http://www.harmony-central.com/Effects/Data/Boss/RPS_10-01.html

I've seen a couple on ebay before, not too long ago.
    I have the the Boss RRV10 reverb half rack that I use with my guitar and Fender Champ. It sounds really good. So if the rest in that series are as good, I'd check it out. I have no idea how the RPS10 would work on bass though.

5. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    I have the Boss half-rack. I am thinking of selling it. I will check the name and model number.

6. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Is it multi-effects? Let me know if you decide to sell it. I didn't intend on building my new rig until after I get a Stingray, but I might as well when I can get a good deal on a few parts.

~Patrick

7. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Boss GX 700

Multi.....

Distortion
    Delay
    CHorus
    Flanger
    Tremelo
    Reverb
    Speaker Simulator
    Wah
    EQ
    Comp
    A few other things.....

It is in good condition. I have not used it in about two years. I think one of the rear input jacks might be not working. I will have to try it out. I also have to dig around for the manual and the adapter.
    $250

8. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    Sorry, I don't have that much. I honestly wish I could get that. Sounds perfect for what I need. But, me being jobless, can only afford cheap super cheap stuff.

~Patrick

9. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    No problem. I have alot of equipment that I am looking to unload. If you are looking for anything specific, just let me know. I might have it.

10. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    actually, I just checked that thing out. Its a full rackspace, not half. I'm looking for just a half-rack effects processor with at least chorus, delay, and maybe flanger.

~Patrick

11. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    Do you mean quarter rackspace?

Because I have the unit in my hand and it is a stanard one rackspace size.

12. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    the Gx 700 thing is standard rack width (19 inches), isn't it? I'm looking for half, something to accompany my Boss NS-50

13. Davehenning

Davehenning

Aug 9, 2001
    Los Angeles
    ok, you meant rackspace width. I thought you were referring to the height of the space.

14. xcental34x

xcental34x

Feb 28, 2003
    Memphrica, TN
    nope