1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for help with an amplifier.

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous [BG]' started by jpk3lly, Jan 4, 2012.

1. jpk3lly

jpk3lly

Nov 19, 2009
    Hi Guys,

I play both bass and guitar and following getting married and the birth of my son, there is less and less room for my instruments and gear, so I am looking at reducing the amount of gear I have down to 1 electric guitar, 1 acoustic guitar and 1 bass and hopefully just 1 amp for all 3.

In my collection of amplifiers I have a Peavey transtube 212, the amp on the amp on this is knackered, but it has 2 12 inch peavey scorpion speakers which are spot on.

I have been considering getting taking out the broken amp bit and replacing it with the behringer bass v amp pro and a power amp and putting it all together in a box to make a combo amp which i can use when playing bass or guitar.

So is this actually doable? and if so, how small would the power amp need to be, as i would imagine it would only need to be small.

Thanks in advance for any help you can provide.
    JP

2. rtcul8

rtcul8

May 29, 2011
    Look for an old Traynor. A YBA 4 specifically....40 watts, all tube, closed back cabinet.