1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for help

Discussion in 'Ask Lynn Seaton' started by Duce-hands, Oct 9, 2013.

1. Duce-hands

Duce-hands

Nov 4, 2010
    Preface: I understand nothing can replace the input and feedback from a qualified instructor, however none is currently available in my area.
    After years of playing electric bass, I've finally got an acoustic upright bass. Well know I need to learn how to play it. What I am looking for is source material, whether it be book, video or a combination of both that can help me with the technical challenge of playing upright, and provide me with a solid road map for navigating the early stages of mastering the instrument. Any information is greatly appreciated. Thank

2. Lynn Seaton

Lynn Seaton Gold Supporting Member

Nov 3, 2006
    Denton, TX
    Hi,
    So sorry for the delay in this reply. The software issues that prevented me from receiving messages posted on this forum have been resolved.
    I hope you were able to find some resources. If you are still looking for information, Paul Sharpe has a series of excellent videos that very eloquently explain many concepts. Scroll down the page to see "The lessonroom.com" Paul Sharpe