Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for Ibanez information

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by silvermaneZ, Oct 10, 2000.

1. silvermaneZ

silvermaneZ

Oct 10, 2000
    Houston, TX
    Ok, I am getting frustrated with this, so figured I would turn to you peoples to help me out.

I have an Ibanez Soundgear 1306. It is a 6-string that I bought back in the fall of 1993 in Dallas, TX. It has a Paduck body, and a five piece bubinga/wenge(?) bolt on neck. I have never seen another one of these basses since then. I have been told that these 6 strings with the exotic woods were a very limited run, and have some collector value to them.

My questions are these. 1) Is this really part of some limited production run, and therefore have some value to them? 2) Did Ibanez also make a fretless 6 string version of this model, and if so does anyone know where I can get my hands on one?

I love this bass to death, and will probably play it until I die - it fits my small hands very well. Any information that anyone can provide would be very helpful. I have tried emailing Ibanez before, and never got a response.

SilvermaneZ

2. snyderz

snyderz

Aug 20, 2000
    AZ mountains
    The last time I had a question about my Ibanez, I went to the Ibanez.com website, and looked up a few dealers from their list. After a few misses, I got the answer I was looking for. Sometimes a savvy dealer will give you more info than the company.

Doc