1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for info on a fender p bass I once had

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by toomas72, Apr 18, 2011.

1. toomas72

toomas72

Nov 9, 2010
    I once had a fender "p" bass (I think that's what it was!) backin the early 1990's I can only describe how it looked I have no idea if it was a squire (which I don't believe it was) and not sure where it was made, the guitar body was smaller than a normal "p" bass and lighter (that's why I really liked it!!) it also had "active pickups" and like a brown sunburst color darker on the outside and lighter in towards the middle and you could also see the wood grain in the lighter portion! the bass "looked" great but played like ****!! This was my first experience with fender at that time and it was as very bad one!!! I wouldn't touch a fender after that until I came across a geddy sig bass and now I don't want to play anything else. I was just curiuos about this bass I had if anyone could give me some info on it. Anything would be appreciated!

2. FranF

FranF Supporting Member

Jul 25, 2004
    Northeastern PA
    Willing to bet it was a made in Japan "Precision Lyte" I had one same finish, and it was a really good bass. They come up here and on Ebay semi regularly, and always reasonably priced under $500.

3. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

May 7, 2021