looking for info on fender tele or 51RI vintage white

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jonb9, Sep 13, 2004.

1. jonb9

Sep 13, 2004
    I need some help finding a fender tele bass or a 51 RI in vintage white. Does this bass exist in a RI? Something with a maple neck vintage white body, and a white pickguard. I've been looking for a long time if anyone can help that would be great. thanks Jon ;)
  2. Hmm, the 51-56 P's didn't come in white if I'm not mistaken. I do know that the main colors were 2 color sunburst, blonde, and black. Good luck finding a cheaper reissue in white, that's for sure. However, there must be a refinish somewhere that might pop up on Ebay. Or maybe they made them in white after all. Do some research on colors offered, first of all, and then you can find out approximate dates and models in which you can find them. Good luck.

EDIT: Fender doesn't offer any of the 51/54 reissues in white. The classic series 51 and Japanese 51 only come in black and 2 color sunburst, and the custom shop 54 comes in black as well as the other 2. You're best bet would be used, possibly refinished, or get another builder to make one, like Mike Lull or Chris Benavente or something.
  3. Slater

Slater Bye Millen! Hello?

Apr 17, 2000
    The Great Lakes State
    The Mike Dirnt sig bass comes in vintage white, but it's not an authentic SCPB/Tele bass copy. It has a split P-bass pickup, and a Badass II bridge.