1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to post, make friends, earn reward points at our store, remove most ads and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking For Info On Older P-Bass

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by ras broos, Aug 22, 2004.

1. I've got an old Precision Bass I bought new back in '68 or '69 (with original HSC - it's been so long I don't remember exactly when), and I'm trying to find a way to date it by the serial number and determine it's approximate value. So far I haven't been able to come up with this specific information online. Any helpful suggestions or links would be appreciated.
    Thanks.

2. rockdoc11

rockdoc11

Sep 2, 2000
    . . . and search for items completed. Type in "1968 Fender precision," and do the same for 1967 and 1969.

IMHO, ebay today is the best determiner of true worth; that is, what people will actually and do pay for something.

3. lo-end

lo-end

Jun 15, 2001
    PA
    If you're trying to sell it, I'd definitely make a "for sale" post in the classified section here. Theres probably a bunch of talkbass people that would love to buy a real vintage Fender Precision.

4. christle

christle Supporting Member

Jan 26, 2002
    Winnipeg, MB
    Have you tried Mr Gearhead. They have a section on dating your Fender. It is the Fender support site.

Dan