looking for info/specs on old peavey combo

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by dexterward, Feb 2, 2005.

1. dexterward

Sep 30, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Hi everyone, I've been reading this forum for the past couple of months and have learned quite a bit about basses, etc, and would like to thank all the knowledgable people who make this a great site. (sorry if that sounds corny...)

Anyways, i just bought an old peavey 1x15 combo and i'm having a hard time finding any info on it. On the front it says "Bass combo Mark III series" and on the back it says "Series 260 c" and on the sticker "Model 115 B.W. combo serial # 2a-01151429"
    If anyone can either give me some info on this amp, or direct me to a link of a manual/spec sheet, that would be really cool.

thanks in advance
  2. BillyB_from_LZ

BillyB_from_LZ Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2000
    Contact Peavey...I'm sure that they can provide info. You might find info by searching on www.peavey.com but if you don't, I'm sure that they'd be happy to tell you about your amp.
  3. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Peavey has changed a few model names in confusing ways, but I'll take a stab at it.

On the back should be a power rating, something like "150 4 ohms" . They made about 3 main lines of power amp- 75w/80w, 100/130/150w, and 300w combos (the 100/130/150w were very common with a BW).

They made about 100 million of them (it seems like); they are very hard to kill, and make a lot of volume for their size (the BW is a very sensitive speaker). They don't sell for a lot of money used, but they are great for band practice and small-medium gigs with a 4 string.
  4. Th9nker

Mar 18, 2002
    Yep, I've got a TNT 150 w/BW... Bought it new almost 17 years ago... Beat it to hell and it still works great...
  5. dexterward

Sep 30, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Thanks for the help. It's got two speaker outputs on the back for an extension cabinet and says 130 watts/4ohms, but it also says " Minnimum amplifier load 4 ohms, speaker jacks paralleled" Seeing how the internal speaker is 4 ohms, is it possible to add an extension cabinet rated at 4 ohms, making the load 2 ohms? If not, what are you supposed to use for an extension cab??

thanks again
  6. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    I would question if the internal speaker is 4 ohms; they more commonly used 8 ohm BW's in the combos, but I also never saw a "Mark III". It's easy to find out; the BW will have a model number on the speaker basket that you can research on the Peavey site. They can probably even get you a manual for it. They made that amp with only minor changes for many years (and I believe they still do).
  7. xb100

Mar 24, 2004
    NH, In
    an 8ohm cab maybe?
  8. dexterward

Sep 30, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Yeah, I looked at the speaker, and it's 4 ohms. So, an 8 ohm cab would work? or would it be too quiet?
  9. Turock

Turock Supporting Member

Apr 30, 2000
    I had a TNT 100 that I bought over 30 years ago that still works great, I recently donated it to a high school. You know what they say... never buy a peavey, they last forever.
  10. ESP-LTD

Sep 9, 2001
    Interesting. You will really want to consult a Peavey manual and find out if that speaker is stock and if the amp will push a 2 ohm load. IF the amp will push a 2 ohm load you could run a 4 ohm extension. BUT, plugging in an extension cab MIGHT disconnect the internal speaker. I don't have the information you need on this one.
  11. Razor

Sep 22, 2002
  12. dexterward

Sep 30, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    thanks guys, i'm gonna try to get the manual from peavey
  13. andruca

Mar 31, 2004
    Madrid (Spain)
    Same with my TKO 80 (75 watts), still giggin', loud, clear and reliable!!!!