Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for information on this older Trace head

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by fender58, May 14, 2003.

1. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    I am looking to find out anything I can about this amp. Trace Elliot GP11. ( Year made and discontinued, output, opinions, value, reliability...etc) It is solid state and has a fan inside and a handle on the right. A and B spkr outputs on the back; 4 ohms. No SN# or model # on the back or to faint to read. I have it on indefinate loan. It sounds real nice. Thanks for any input!

2. brianrost

brianrost Gold Supporting Member

Apr 26, 2000
    Boston, Taxachusetts
    It's late 80s/early 90s vintage, was sold both as a standalone preamp or coupled with various power sections in a series of integrated heads.

Looks like yours is one of the lower powered ones, probably 130 watts into 4 ohms.

The higher powered units had bigger cases with black lights to illuminate the front panel.

Value? $3-400.

3. fender58

fender58 Guest

Sep 8, 2000
    Southern California
    Thanks brianrost. I did not see any sighs of illumination for the front panel when I was cleaning out the cobwebs and fuzz from the insde.

I thought I would post a photo of the back of this amp to see if that might help. Is there any way to tell from looking inside at the final output transisters to tell what the output power might be? Or is there any other way to tell the aprox. output?