Looking for input

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Brent Davenport, Feb 27, 2018.

Tags:
  1. Kevin Colt

Kevin Colt

Feb 9, 2015
    Bokeelia, Fl.
    none
    here's what I would do (and everyone knows what an opinion is worth, but take it as it is; nothing). I would go to the pawn shop and look them over, choose the cheapest piece of wreck that has a straight neck, whittle the price down some more (pawn shops ain't like they used to be), tear it down to a husk and build the baddest soundin bottom end tool that you can afford to put money into. that way you've served two purposes by salvaging some relic, and you did it yourself. now you have a bass worthy of your ownership.

Brent Davenport likes this.
  2. Love_Bass

Love_Bass

Sep 5, 2012
    Its tough to see returns / drawing in people with live playing. I have way more fun doing bass play along videos on YouTube then I do playing in my current band. 10 years ago I didn't think this way..

Brent Davenport likes this.
  3. Artman

Artman Supporting Member

Dec 28, 2017
    Georgetown, TX
    I picked up a used SRX705 neck-through 5-string from GC for $350 yesterday. All it needed was some elbow grease to remove the slime from the fretboard and bridge saddles. Plays great and sounds great. I don’t know if my opinion counts for anything, but my number one for more than 20 years has been a Pedulla Buzz, so when I say that this particular Ibanez plays well and sounds good, it’s relative to my own experiences. I think most Ibanez basses from the past fifteen to twenty years can be set up to play well and provide a range of good tones assuming you have a quality rig to play it through.

4. Primary

Primary TB Assistant

Here are some related products that TB members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to TB’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to TB discussions about these products.

Jun 23, 2021