1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for instruction NorCal between SF Bay and Sac

Discussion in 'General Instruction [BG]' started by OnThaCouch, Dec 23, 2011.

1. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Hey all--
    Anyone know a good instructor inbetween the SF Bay Area and Sac? I am an adult that returned to the instrument after a long layoff.

I took 5 years of lessons many years ago (20+) and want to have more directed study than the flailing I seem to do currently. I learned good technique from the start so I am not so focused on that.

I want to learn to bridge from the all the theory that I learned to putting it into practical use. I play some roots rock in a worship band setting but would like to expand into playing blues and jazz.

I would probably be willing to drive as far as Berkeley in the bay area and up to Davis in the Sac area. I am located exactly right in the middle of both areas.

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
    Tom

2. Intenzity

Intenzity

Oct 15, 2006
    Seattle, WA
    There is some guy named Kai who lives in Oakland who I hear is pretty good.....

Kai Eckhardt : bassist / composer

Seriously, there are a hundred guys in the bay area that are world class players you could take lessons from. Ever use google?

3. OnThaCouch

OnThaCouch

Aug 10, 2006
    Fairfield, CA
    Thanks for the suggestion. I guess I should clarify. I am looking for someone in between the Bay Area and Sac.

I am trying to find someone closer to home versus doing a lot of driving to a lesson. With work and kids/family just trying to get off on the right foot. Having an instructor closer to home would work best.

Also looking for recommendations/suggestions from folks about what they like in a particular instructor, etc.

Merry Christmas.