1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Interesting (and Great) bow makers!

Discussion in 'Bows and Rosin [DB]' started by moschizzle, Mar 23, 2006.

1. moschizzle

moschizzle

Mar 21, 2006
    Pittsburgh
    I've been studying the bass for about 6 years now, and have been playing on the same Ary brazilwood bow since I started. Although it has served me well, I am ready to upgrade. I am looking to spend between 1000-2000 dollars on a pernambucco (and german grip) bow. I've seen some options on Lemur that I could try out in that price range, but I want to get some names of other bow makers I could try out, or the names of some pretty reputable makers.

I'd appreciate any input you guys have.

2. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    this guys bows are incredible for the price, he might send you a couple of them to try. they are light but fast, they are very aggressive. You can tell him that Rod from winnipeg gave you his name, if you want.

http://www.mts.net/~prochown/english.html

3. moschizzle

moschizzle

Mar 21, 2006
    Pittsburgh
    Thanks man. I'll have to check that out. Is there a long waiting list for his bows?

The price is right, and he has a lot of great names supporting him on his website.

4. Dr Rod

Dr Rod

Aug 19, 2005
    His popularity notwithstanding, he usually has a few bows in hand. He is a hard worker so there is no waiting list.

5. If you don't mind spending the time for the trip... the Cincannitti Bass Cellar has a wonderful selection of all types of bows.

6. moschizzle

moschizzle

Mar 21, 2006
    Pittsburgh
    thanks williams.
    I'm from the pittsburgh area, so it wouldn't be too bad of a hike. also, i'm heading out to the midwest bass symposium at youngstown, and i think that the bass cellar will have a table up there, so i might be able to see what they're all about.

7. If you are in Pittsburgh, You should give Bruce Wallace in the North side a call. He usually has a couple bows around, in addition to quite a few Basses.