1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for internships in NYC

Discussion in 'Off Topic [BG]' started by GeneralElectric, Oct 31, 2010.

1. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    I dunno if this against the rules or not but I figured why not? If it is, mods, please remove this.

I'm looking for an internship in New York City. TB has always been a great resource for me and I figure that this couldn't hurt. I've decided to look for internships because I've been working since I'm 14 and at 21 nothing I have is worthy of being on a resume. I don't want to spend my life cooking in a kitchen or doing manual labor. I'm not sure what to put on this but I'll give it a shot.

Ideally I would like to do something media related such as advertising. I do not have production experience but I am willing to learn. I have been unemployed for awhile, not my choice but I won't compromise my schooling for full time work at minimum wage.

About Me:

-Hunter College Student (in my Junior year) who recently shifted focus from history and political science to media studies and english

-Good typist and fluent in MSWorks programs (excel, powerpoint, word, etc)

-willing to work long shifts as I'm used to standing on my feet for 20 hours and having to work (though I can't stand that long currently since I tore my ACL 2 weeks ago)

-Easy to get along with and a hard worker. I love a busy work environment.

-Fast learner.

-Eagle Scout with a history of community service

-Even though I currently live in Staten Island, and no longer own a car, I have no problem taking public to anywhere in the city and am in Manhattan 5 days a week for school.

-I smell nice

2. Ziltoid

Ziltoid I don't play bass

Apr 10, 2009
    Canada
    Do you smell real nice or just nice?

3. Hey, I live in Staten Island too.
    Although I can't help you ,I am curious to see if anyone here can.
    Good luck!:cool:

4. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    Depends. How much do you like old spice?

5. 'high-quality acid'

I wish, I havn't seen that stuff since 1992.
    Just sayin.:bag:

6. GeneralElectric

GeneralElectric

Dec 26, 2007
    NY, NY
    It makes less sense now that I had to remove stuff from my sig to fit the TB G2G in there.

7. why not try a stage hand/film union local .....they have everything from carpenters/light/sound/camera guys,and stage hand is a great part time gig while in school...the locals are full of music/art guys etc....