1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for Jazz with P+J pups

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jock, Nov 16, 2001.

1. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Who makes a jazzbass (jazz body and neck) with P and J pickups.
    I´d want a vintage looking and sounding bass of good quality. Can you help me? Any links?

2. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    Hey,

Fender does it: Fender MIM Zone Bass and Fender MIM P-Bass Special.

Then, there´s Sadowsky (www.sadowsky.com), prices for the P-J 4-String Modell start at about $2500 (given you don´t want a figured maple top).

David

3. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Yes, I´ve seen those but I´d like a jazz body too.

4. trainyourhuman

trainyourhuman

Apr 12, 2000
    MI
    Check out the classifieds on this board. There is a sweet Geddy Lee jazz on sale with a P and a J...

5. David-Adler

David-Adler

Feb 28, 2001
    Bonn, Germany
    You can also go custom..

www.dpcustom.com

Jazz Body, Jazz Neck with slightly altered Headstock, 1 Piece Maple Neck (maybe Rosewood FB), some Color Finish if you want, or a fance top wood, paired with some Barts or SD and maybe an 3-Band EQ.

6. Try www.warmoth.com

I'm getting a j-bass body with P/J pups from them.

Jeff

7. jock

jock

Jun 7, 2000
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Warmoth...hmmm. I´ve been reading all the threads about them and I´m impressed by the basses you guys have made but I dont know if I could do it. How hard is it (stupid question)?

8. foolfighter24

foolfighter24 Guest

Apr 22, 2000
    Arizona
  9. Hopefully, easier than the one I built from scratch! ;) That one took a year!

I plan to do little of the assembly. I could do it all but I want to spend time researching every component and then hold someone else accountable for getting it assembled right! I'll use a good guitar tech here in Dallas. I figure it's worth it.

Jeff

10. The Sadowsky PJ model uses a jazz body: undersized or full size if you ask Roger. My next bass is a Sadowsky PJ 4 string with alder body, quilt maple top, and Brazilian rosewood fingerboard.

I played a Sadowsky PJ 5 with the same woods sans maple top and was buh-lown away! Unbelievable tone and playability!!!!!

I love my Sadowsky ash maple 'board jazz bass and this should be a nice compliment.