1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Lightwave Advice

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by jon5252, Nov 1, 2013.

1. jon5252

jon5252 Gold Supporting Member

Nov 22, 2009
    Boise Idaho
    I have just purchased a Lightwave VL fretless. I was not impressed with the stock strings. My intention was to get a very modern, hi-fi fretless sound from this thing. My other fretless is a Rob Allen MB-2 and a NS CR4M. I currently have a set of TI flats on it and they are just not giving me the love I am looking for. I am thinking I need to go round wound, and was wondering if any other Lightwave owners had any suggestions.
    BTW, I have put off buying one of these for quite some time. I purchased one of the first generation Lightwave basses years ago and was really put off by the cheap build quality of the bass. It was returned in less than a day. I was pleasantly surprised by this bass, they really have done a nice job with it.
    Also as a note, the G string seems a bit weak with the TI flats. I also had a difficult time adjusting the electronics on that string. In fact, I have not been able to get the light to go off in the control cavity on that string like I have the others. Would appreciate any input anyone can offer. Thanks!

2. IGotGas

IGotGas Cajun Rocker

Sep 26, 2011
    Baton Rouge, LA
    Not sure if this will help, but I run Black Beauties on one, Chromes on another, and Ti flats on a third.