1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Lightweight bass heads for metal/bass heads similar to SWR Headlite

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Sergius Durante, Aug 5, 2019.

1. Sergius Durante

Sergius Durante

May 21, 2019
    image-placeholder-title.jpg Share your secrets fellow low end travellers

So to keep it short, I am looking for lightweight bass heads mostly for metal music as my old gear (heavy bass head) have gone oof on me, but I wanna look around

I look around and see the PeavyMinimax, but something that catches my ears is the SWR Headlight bass head. Lightweight, and sounds damn good (excuse my french). But mostly because of it's slim design, but ability to deliver 400watts of SWR goodness.
    So my question is this, do any of you talkbass-ers know of any lightweight bass heads for metal/related music? I'd list a price but I feel that would limit options, but lets assume maximum $400-$1000ish, I used to carry a crate bass head and an acoustic but Im tired of carrying em around, and with my now 4x10, I need one less thing to break my back despite doing only open mics.

2. Stumbo

Stumbo Wherever you go, there you are. Supporting Member Commercial User

Feb 11, 2008
    Chillin' n Grillin' on the Best Coast
    Song Surgeon slow downer.
    Which 4x10 are you using?

I suggest taking a look at Mesa 800WD.

Ethereal Thorn likes this.
  3. Darkglass, Aguilar tonehammer, any of the Mesa subway series, Gallien Krueger fusion, Bergantino bamp/ forte ect. Those are my current favorites the Peavey minimega and Warwick lwa stuff are worth a look too

4. ihixulu

ihixulu Supporting Member

Mar 31, 2000
    South Shore MA
    I mean.... if you like SWR tone, why not just get a used SWR head?

eriky4003 likes this.
  5. Sergius Durante

Sergius Durante

May 21, 2019
    Using a SWR Goliath 4x10

6. Sergius Durante

Sergius Durante

May 21, 2019
    Been looking for headlite variant, SWR’s lightest 400w head, but that thing is as rare as a piece of hay in a needle stack

7. bass40hz

bass40hz Cigar smoker, scotch drinker, American Patriot

Aug 13, 2014
    Sussex County, NJ
    no endorsements yet...Are you listening Spector, DR, GK, Line6?
    Go with the GK...GK all day, every day.
    Rock on.
    3GK.jpg

Sergius Durante likes this.