Looking for logo ideas

Discussion in 'Band Management [BG]' started by ireidt, Apr 4, 2005.

1. ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    okay, my band got together a few months ago, jammed a little bit, and kinda stoped becuase of more important items popped up ( deaths in family, amp broken, etc)

We are getting back together, and now we have a keyboard player, so that might be interesting...

Anyway, The band is called Impulse 101, and I am looking for an idea for a logo for the band, any suggestions? :confused:
  2. this kind of question has been asked over and over again and we always say the same thing, give more info like what kinda of music do you play, what colors do you like, what influsences do you have are they any particular logo's you like the look/style of and we can build on. to design you a logo much more info is needed then just a name
  3. ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    aah, sorry about that, Skipped my mind.

its a mix of everythign really, funk, grunge, ska, punk, whatever. Influences would be Primus, Marcus Miller, Dreamtheatre, Nirvana, Streetlight manifesto.

Any colors really, just lookign fro somethin that works well.
  4. Broach_insound

Jan 25, 2005
    New York
    I dont see how anyone can ask others to design a logo for their band , I fing it to be a very personable thing that the members of the band should create. Thats just my oppinion
  5. moneen

Mar 16, 2005
    Here's a font website where you can download free fonts, and even try it out before you download.

6. protoz

Nov 30, 2000
    Just use a bunch of quake 1 images ;)

sorry geek moment...
  7. ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    I was actually waiting for the half-life thing popping up, lol.

and yea, the band should design the logo, and I am working with the band on one, I just wanted to know what people could come up as a good idea, not to make us one.
  8. lyle

lyle Guest

Jan 10, 2004
    Vernon, B.C. Canada

Its bad a$$ metal and kind of corny hair metal at the same time. :smug:
  9. fraublugher

Nov 19, 2004
    ottawa, ontario, canada
    music school retailer
    turn proffessor frinks head sideways and insert bandname
  10. waxcomb

Jun 29, 2003
    Martinez, CA
    Make it look like a highway sign.
  11. Maybe the 101 Dalmations font, and a few black and white doggies.
  12. konfishily

Jan 24, 2004
    Brooklyn, NY
    Is that a Half-life reference?
    or am i the only one to catch that?

Anyway, a highway logo would look cool.
    You could also do a College font and make it a class.
  13. xshawnxearthx

Aug 23, 2004
    new jersey
    as corny as it sounds.

if you have an idea of what you are looking for, google and photoshop work wonders....

[​IMG] just a font i purchased off the web, added some cool back ground **** to it. blamo.

[​IMG] as cheesy as the skulls are. i found it on google, ms painted the name into it. fixed up the skull a little bit. i was bored at work. got home, photo shopped some cool efeects, and blamo. tee shirts and stickers were also made from it.

the last one our friend chris fingaz(he has myspace), and does artwork at a fairly reasonable price. he did this, and is currently working on the artwork for our upcoming 4 way split.

another dude who will hook you up cheap. is joey southside of the band THE BANNER. he has done artwork for tons of local nj bands, including his own...http://www.thebannernj.com/

they are also on myspace. if you e-mail him, tell him what you are looking for, he will give you something of good quality for a good price.

[​IMG] [​IMG]
  14. ireidt

Mar 6, 2005
    mm photoshop.' Good thing I use that program a lot :p