1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

Looking for Mesa 400

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs [BG]' started by Fattrobb, Feb 23, 2013.

1. What's up everyone. I'm really thinking this post does not belong here and I apologize but I tried posting it where I thought I should and I don't have permission to do so.

Anyway, I've been looking to buy an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro or a Mesa 400 or 400+ for a few months now and I'm not having any luck. I'm really hoping someone sees this and either has one they're thinking of selling or knows someone whose selling one or the other. I'm very interested and as long as the price is reasonable this sale will happen quick.

Please let me know if anyone has any info or leads and again, if I posted this in the wrong section, my apologies.

Robb

2. chaosMK

chaosMK

May 26, 2005
    Albuquerque, NM
    Too much hip thrust
    They pop up. If you are desparate try GC online or even music-go-round.

3. Thanks man, I'm checking it out now. I'm really trying to get the amp before the money burns a hole in my pocket.

Thanks again

4. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    GC used has one for around $800 right now. I saw it earlier today.

Although GC can suck most of their time, I often buy stuff used off their site.

You have 30 days to return it if you don't like it, they'll give you a full refund minus shipping, which is usually reasonable. Also if there are any operational issues or if it's damaged in shipping, they'll have UPS pick it up from you, and they'll refund you everything including shipping.

Here's the bad part: I know all of this because I've received a lot of junk from them. Broken heads to cabs with blown speakers. I also have found a lot of gems.

5. I checked it out. It looks a little weathered for 800 but it's very tempting.

I forgot to add that I'm also looking for an Ampeg SVT 4 Pro. Between my friend and I we're looking to buy both these heads. We live in NY and I'd like to pick them up locally in the NY/NJ/PA area but if the shipping and buying price are good I really don't care where they come from. I've never had an amp shipped before but I know it's done all the time so I'm thinking it's probably safe enough.

Any info or leads please send them my way.

Good stuff... Thanks!!!

6. creis2

creis2

Nov 11, 2011
    Cambridge, MA
    An Svt-4 might be easier to find. I first recommend dealing with TB members with good feedback, my best experiences have been here.

Next, I would try Guitar Center used. The reason I recommend this is because you never know where a used head has been. If you buy off of CL or eBay, and the amp dies on you within a few days, you're kind of out of luck. I've had eBay sellers give me a hard time, despite having a return policy.

But if you buy from Guitar Center, I highly recommend using the head A LOT the first few weeks you have it, to make sure it's solid. I would even suggest bringing it to a tech for a quick checkup.

7. Axtman

Axtman Supporting Member

Mar 3, 2008
    Seattle, Washington
    I have a Mesa Boogie 400 that I will sell you cheap. I pulled it out of storage the other day but could not get it to work and don't want to fool with it. I'm getting to old to haul around heavy gear.

8. mournblade

mournblade

Nov 19, 2006
    Roanoke, TX
    I got my VBA from GC used. $1150, and it is in excellent shape. Like others have said, the 30 day refund is nice, I recommend if you order it, play it at the store, and if it seems good, spend the dough to have an accredited amp tech run through it.

9. You don't have permission because you need to be a supporting member to post for sale or wanted ads. Please read the rules.