Psst... Ready to join TalkBass and start posting, make new friends, sell your gear, and more?  Register your free account in 30 seconds.

Looking for Modulus Quantum audio clips

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by Javy, Jun 26, 2003.

1. Javy

Javy

Sep 15, 2000
    I've found quite a few Zon audio clips here and there, but I'm having trouble finding Modulus Quantum clips. Does anybody know where I can find some Quantum wavs or mp3s? Thanks.

Javy

2. catphish

catphish

Feb 25, 2003
    I can post some of my bands unmixed/half done demo album. I'm using an old ('93) Q5 on it, going into an old ADA MB-1 pre->Crown Power amp.

3. Javy

Javy

Sep 15, 2000
    I'd be interested in hearing your samples, but I am curious as to how much Quantums have changed in the past 10 years. Do you have any idea?

4. catphish

catphish

Feb 25, 2003
    I try and record some clips tonight. Want clean just the bass direct?

5. Chrisrm

Chrisrm Bass Virtuoso Wannabe

Feb 10, 2002
    Colchester, CT
    Where did you find those Zon clips? I'd love to hear them. When I sell my Lakland, I'd love to try a Zon.

Thanks,
    Chris

6. hujo

hujo

Apr 18, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    Aplhonso Johnson used a Q5 with EMGs most of the time with Jazz Is Dead, check out that stuff.. As always, there's lots of effects and mastering and what not, but I tell myself I can hear the graphite.

7. Javy

Javy

Sep 15, 2000
    Thanks Catphish. Just the bass will be fine---if you get a chance...

Chrisrm,
    I can't remember all the places where I found Zon audio clips. I just ran across various clips all over the place while doing Google searches. Try searching with Google using "zon bass samples OR recordings OR mp3s" in the search box (without the double quotes). To start with, you can hear a Zon Sonus Custom 5 and a Zon Fretless Sonus Lightwave at http://altguitarbass.com/basssounds.asp#ZON.

8. Woodchuck

Woodchuck

Apr 21, 2000
    Atlanta / Macon (sigh)
    Gallien Krueger for the last 12 years!
    You can check out some Aquarium Rescue Unit material. Oteil uses Q5's and 6's.

9. boogiebass

boogiebass

Aug 16, 2000
    Any live show from the last few years of The Dead, The Other Ones, Phil Lesh & Friends has Phil playing his custom Modulus sixer. Excellent example of what those basses sound like in a band context with proper stage amplification. His album "There and Back" features the studio sound, too. You can also sample just about anything from Widespread Panic to hear Dave Schools on a Modulus Quantum 6, both live and in the studio.