1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

TalkBass.com has been uniting the low end since 1998.  Join us! :)

Looking for multieffects and looper

Discussion in 'Effects [BG]' started by great4fish, Feb 8, 2013.

1. I am looking for a pedal or two that would serve as a multi effects pedal and a looping station. The only thing is that the combined price has got to be under $300.

For loopers I've been looking at: Zoom B3, Boss RC-2, Boss RC-3.

For Multi effects I've been looking at: Zoom B3, Boss Me-20b, Boss GT-6B.

What do you say I should get, and I am totally open for other suggestions as well.

2. Swift713

Swift713

Dec 4, 2006
    Florence, Ma
    I think the Zoom B3 is a great deal. There are several threads about it if you search. The Zline6 M9 might also fit the bill but its more expensive and doesn't have amp models.

3. rtav

rtav Millionaire Stuntman, Half-Jackalope Supporting Member

Dec 12, 2008
    Chicago, IL
    I use a Boss ME-50B with an external FS6 pedal and really enjoy it. I'm not an effects, head, and don't mind the "always on" eq, but the Boss has great sounds, is built like a tank, and no more difficult to program than any other others on the market.

Plus, you can often find them (sans external pedal) used for about the cost of a good overdrive pedal alone - about $150.

4. gjbassist

gjbassist Supporting Member

Sep 7, 2005
    Kansas City, MO
    The B3 is the only one I have experience with but I love mine! Like Swift said there are several B3 threads. Look through those and see what people are doing with it.