1. Please take 30 seconds to register your free account to remove most ads, post topics, make friends, earn reward points at our store, and more!  

looking for my 1st 5 string!

Discussion in 'Basses [BG]' started by adube810, Mar 9, 2008.

1. adube810

adube810

Mar 6, 2008
    Brooklyn, NY
    my current rig is a Fender 2005 MIM P Deluxe->GK 700RB-II 2x10 Combo with a SansAmp BDDI through the loop. now heres my question. i want to venture into a 5 string in the $900-1500 range. i was curious on what the major tonal diffrences on the warwick corvette standard (bubinga) vs. the corvette standard (ash passive) is. has anyone tested them next to eachother? I think that the woods warwicks use are top notch and has a great earthy midrange and amazing low end growl. I like having an active eq on my bass to make quick tonal changes without havign to mess with my head or sansamp. but is it really worth it to shell out the extRA $400-500? i was also looking at the Ibanez SR905 but the neck is really thin and the electronics arent "real" USA barts and i feel it can get real muddy. HELP PLZ!
    http://www.talkbass.com/forum/images/smilies/help.gif